Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Surprize











Today around 4pm the door bell rang. When I opened the door I saw the mail man walking away and a package on my door step. I just love surprises! I looked at the return address and smiled when I saw it was from my dear friend Janice. She has the kindest heart of anyone I know and is always thinking of others. Inside the box was the cutiest heart shaped candy dish, a red candle, heart shaped candy, and a lollypop. I am so glad that we meet each other nine short years ago. Some might call it coincidence, but I call it divine intervention. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was sitting out on the lawn in front of our apartment letting 9mo. old Makenna play. Across the way I noticed that a family was moving in and that they had kids...the crib gave that away! To shorten the story a bit, Janice and I became the best of friends. We have been there for each other through a lot of bad times and a lot of good times too! I always felt that we must have been really good friends in the pre-existence because our friendship has always been so easy and familiar. She is my spirit sister!! Even though we no longer live near each other, our friendship remains strong. Thank you Janice for being there for me. For all of the laughter and tears. Your friendship means more to me than you will ever know!

3 comments:

Janice said...

I'm sitting here crying. I know also that we were supposed to have met and now be friends the rest of our lives. Do you think we could be neighbors in the eternities? You have been such a major blessing in my life. I needed you to help me through the hardest trial of my life (so far).
Lets hope we don't have any more major trials. We both know we don't need anymore. You are amazing and I have looked up to you in so many ways. How you are as a mother, friend to everyone,an amazing house keeper, wanting to always live the right way and look for the good in others. Should I keep going because I sure could. I thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart that you are who you are and that you will always be my friend.
Have an amazing weekend!!

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Thanks for making me cry, I needed a good one! And yes..we will have mansions next to each other!

Janice said...

You put my picture there? Scary!!