Monday, February 2, 2009

Testimony


Yesterday in Sacrament meeting I got up and bore my testimony. It was kind of an out of body experience. One minute I was sitting on the bench and the next thing I know I am standing up and walking up to the pulpit. You all know I hate public speaking, so I was shocked at myself when I realized what I was doing! I share my testimony often with my family and in Primary but, I realized that there is great power when you share your testimony publicly. I felt the spirit so strongly when I was testifying of those things I KNOW are true. My testimony what greatly strengthened as the spirit bore witness to me again of the truthfulness of the gospel. How grateful I am for my membership in the church. It is a priceless gift that I treasure!

10 comments:

Janice said...

Hey, I bore my testimony too this last Sunday. I was so nervous. I never got scared in AZ. This ward watches us and so I get really self conscious. I'm in now with the ladies of the ward because they asked if we bought our house or renting. So, since I am buying this place they told me they will get to know me now. This is a true story. They even admit that they didn't want to be my friend if I was renting. Really sad. Oh well, I guess I'll have friends now. Have a good day!!

Janice said...

Where did you get the mormon ad to put on your blog? I was searching LDS.org but I couldn't see anything.

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

I googled mormon ad and the LDS website poped up. I am not sure how to get there from the Church's web site. So try googling it and then let me know if you can find it.

Timalee said...

Janae thanks for that post. I miss you.

Tiff said...

You have always been a rock to me Janae. I KNOW for a fact that I would not have the testimony I do if it weren't for you. You were my saving grace in high school and I really appreciate it.
Thanks so much!!!!!!! I love you!!

Shanell said...

That is why we are told to share our testimony publicly. I really enjoyed your testimony and the spirit testified to me too. Thank you for sharing, you are such a stalwart and an example. I was just telling LeaAnn how I wish I could spend more time with you. I enjoy you so much but don't get to enjoy you enough. Thanks for sharing your testimony with me.

Janice said...

Just coming by again. Your blog is so relaxing. I love the music that is playing.

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Thanks Tiff! You don't know how much you have helped me over the course of our frendship. I honestly do not think I would have made it through my last year of H.S. or my first year of college without your friendship. I love ya tons.

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Thanks Shanell! I would love to spend more time with you too! I love being around you and your contagious personality!

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Timi...I miss you too! I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your testimony. You have always been an example to me of someone who knows without a doubt that the gospel is true.