Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home Project #1...A million to go!




I have always hated the cheap cabinets that are in my house. So, I decided to paint them. I was going to pain them white and do an antique glaze. Someone (I can't remember who!) suggested that I try black, cuz my bedroom furniture is black. It took me awhile to build up enough courage, but I finally painted them. WOW, boy do I love them! Now on to the master bedroom walls, and then the kitchen.
P.S. Sorry the "before" shot is so bad. Someone named either Makenna, Emily, or Ryan got ahold of the camera and deleted the better shot. Oh well, I think you get the idea!

5 comments:

Lea Ann said...

That really looks good. Good luck with all the other big projects. Not like a flood in you house to make you do all the things you wanted to do anyway.

Shanell said...

OH it looks so good! I want black cabinets too! Nice job!

Jenni said...

Looks great!I understand about the project. We start them here in our house but they never manage to get quite finished :)I see how great yours turned out maybe I can get upstairs and finish my own bathroom.

Staci said...

I love them! We did ours black too in our Master, so I feel like I'm looking at a pic of our old bathroom since it is the same set up. We did our kitchen ones black too & I loved them, although i think we are going to do white in this house...we'll see. Paint goes a long way though in making older cabinets look great!

Janice said...

I LOVE IT!!! What a difference it makes. Very elegant looking. I bet it feels so good to have.
Can't wait for more pictures.