Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Wii Time!



Boy it was Emily's lucky day!!! Today I got a phone call from Dr. MacDonald's office (the girl's orthodontist) telling me that Emily won their summer photo contest and that she won the grand prize. I was so excited for her and felt like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting until I could pick her up from school and tell her. You should have seen her face when I told her (to bad I was so excited I forgot the camera!) she squealed in pure delight. And just what was the grand prize you might be wondering (as if the pictures didn't give that away)? A Nintendo Wii!!!! Yes, that is right we are now the proud owners of this fabulous gaming system. So far we have had a blast bowling, boxing, batting, golfing, and smashing tennis balls. What to play next....? Congratulations Emily!!!



5 comments:

Staci said...

How fun!!! That is awesome! Did she take a photo? Draw a picture? What did she do for the contest??? I'd love to hear!

We LOVE Wii! I love the Wii Fit. You kinda feel silly working out with a video game, but I always end up feeling like I worked out, yet it is FUN!

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Staci,

Emily had to take a photo of what she did on her summer vacation. We didn't go anywhere so she sent in a picture of her with her newly adopted pet chick. The chick was on her head and Emily was sporting a peace sign. It was funny. I will post the photo soon!

Jenni said...

That is so great! When we were little Bate won our very first Nintendo in a contest too. There would have been no other way for us to have one, I don't even think we had a VCR at that point. Yeah for the winner! Congrats!

Janice said...

What a great thing. I'm really happy for you. We love the Wii at our house too. When we visit one day I'll have a tennis game with you. Better get practicing because I am good. ha ha

Jeremy and Sherri said...

That is so fun and exciting!! - what a lucky girl!!