Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sunflowers


Ever since I was a little girl I have always loved to look at and watch sunflowers. I love the bright colored petals, the dark centers, and deep green leaves. Perhaps that is why my favorite flower arrangement ever given to me was one made up of sunflowers, and why they are now in the decor of my kitchen. But, what amazes me the most about them is how they follow the sun. Even before their beautiful blooms appear the first leaves on the stem bend towards the morning sun. All throughout the day as the sun makes its trip over the bright blue sky the flowers bend and follow the sun until it disappears behind the horizon. There is a spiritual message to be learned by these flowers, one that I was taught by a primary leader long ago. Just as the sunflower follows the sun all throughout its beautiful existence so should we follow THE SON, the Son of God all through out our gift of mortal life on this earth.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love reading your spiritual thoughts. Thanks for sharing.