Monday, October 27, 2008

Family Tradition







Every year since Makenna was 11 mo. old, come October we make our way to the Pumpkin Patch. The kids look forward to this event and can hardly wait until they can go and find that "perfect" pumpkin. This year Ryan wanted the littlest one. Emily looked for one that was perfectly round, which was hard to find... believe it or not! Makenna looked for one that was enormous, had the perfect stem, and just the right coloring. We were successful in all categories!! Matt and I are so glad for family traditions and that we started this one ten years ago. It has evolved over the years to include dinner afterwards at In-N-Out Burger or desert at home. This year when we came home we had yummy root beer floats.

4 comments:

Timalee said...

What a wonderful tradition. The kids picked out beautiful pumpkins. I love little pumpkins. Almost each time I go to the grocery store I buy one, by the end of November they are all over the house normally. Miss you.

Shanell said...

Yay! I'm so glad that I can see you on the blog. THanks for the invite. I love fall for the pumpkins! I haven't carved any yet this year.

Staci said...

How fun! We need to start some traditions like that, before our kids start getting older:)

Tiff said...

This is a fun tradition! We did this for the first time this year and the kids absolutely loved it. I am sure this will quickly become our family tradition as well. I usually just buy them myself at the store but the kids loved picking out their own.